Other User Account login on Windows startup screen?
I have had the similar issue on my Windows 8.1 (64bit) and following methods help me to get rid of this problem where windows try to directly try to login in Other User account with a wrong password. Following method worked for me, i hope it works for you too. 🙂
Run the Homegroup troubleshooter.
Open the HomeGroup troubleshooter
Refer the steps below:
Open an elevated Command Prompt window.
- To open an elevated Command Prompt, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right–click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- Type the following command and press ENTER:
- This will return the users on the computer including hidden user accounts. It should now show Homegroupuser$
- To delete the Homegroupuser$ user account, type the following command in the command prompt:
net user homegroupuser$ /delete
- Type exit to close the Command Prompt window.
Further Guide you can follow by Microsoft here
Have you made any software or hardware changes to your computer prior to this issue? What are the steps you have tried to fix the issue, let me know in comments section below so more people can get help from this short tutorial.